About a week has passed since the report came out about petroleum particles. Here is what we have done:
- We have read and disseminated the complete report. Knowledge is power.
- We have been discussing this report with a professor to understand the science. After all, we know tea not plastic.
- We have been in discussions with the Canadian Tea Association, since the report came from Canada.
- Our goal is to find a material that allows for our valued customers to continue to enjoy the convenience of sachets without worrying what petroleum based plastics do to themselves and the world.
- We continue to believe that sugarcane based polylactic acid is the best chance of that. That is why we have been working with it for over a year. However we have had a problem getting a tag attached. Hopefully, this week we can get that solved.
- We continue to trial it at the University of Houston, as well as providing these polylactic acid sachets in compostable 50 CT Sachet bags. They wanted a greener solution and this made more sense than material from genetically modified corn.
- We have ordered more of that material.
- We are investigating what happens to this material in hot water and the initial report is promising, but more work needs to be done to be conclusive.
- We have cancelled any orders for petroleum based material. We are burning our boats and changing.
Please let us know of any questions that you may have.