If you’re going to work in the Harney Workshop this time of year, you’re going to need a good start to your day! That’s why we chose to make Earl Grey Pancakes – delicious, filling and just what every good elf needs for energy. We’d suggest enjoying either a cuppa Earl Grey or English Breakfast tea along with these stacks for a real power pairing.
Harney’s Workshop Earl Grey Pancakes
- ½ C whole milk, hot (about 200ºF)
- 2 sachets Earl Grey Imperial or the Earl Grey of your choice
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp melted butter or vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ C plain yogurt
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- ¼ C granulated sugar
- 1 C all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- In a cup or measuring glass, add the scalding hot milk along with the Earl Grey tea; steep for 5-10 minutes, let cool and remove the sachets.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the egg, melted butter, vanilla extract, lemon zest and yogurt.
- Add in the granulated sugar; whisk.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder and baking soda. Pour in the cooled Earl Grey milk and fold with a spatula to incorporate the mixture. Don’t overmix.
- Preheat a griddle or large frying pan over medium heat. Add a teaspoon of butter or vegetable oil to the griddle.
- Scoop about ¼ cup of pancake batter and dollop it onto the griddle. Cook for 1-2 minutes, until bubbles start to appear on the surface. Flip with a spatula and cook for another 1-2 minutes. Repeat until batter is gone!
- Serve warm with butter, syrup and fruit if desired.
Print the recipe card here.