Looking for a new fall recipe sure to become a favorite? Look no further! This Black Cask Bourbon Baked Apples recipe will tealight and surprise your family and friends when you tell them the bourbon flavor comes from tea! We’ve incorporated our Black Cask Bourbon tea into this lip-smacking dessert. Its rich smoky black tea flavor, compliments of Lapsang Souchong, along with layers of vanilla, caramel and bourbon flavors, make this the perfect tea to use in this recipe. With apples like these, eating an apple a day is a breeze.
Black Cask Bourbon Baked Apples
- 6 large Honeycrisp, Jonagold or Rome Beauty apples
- ⅔ C oats
- ⅔ C loosely packed brown sugar
- ¼ C flour
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ C softened unsalted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 C apple cider
- ⅓ C brewed Black Cask Bourbon tea
- Ice cream for serving (vanilla, cinnamon, salted caramel, pumpkin or ginger work well)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Core the apples – but not all the way – using an apple corer or paring knife. Cut about ⅔ of the way down to remove the seeds if you don’t have an apple corer. Carefully cut a circle around the stem and cut about an inch downward. Then, using the paring knife or spoon, remove the core and seeds.
- In a bowl, combine oats, brown sugar, flour, salt and cinnamon. Add the softened butter and vanilla; mix thoroughly with a fork and your hands until it becomes clumped together. (If you wish, you can also add nuts, currants or raisins.)
- Stuff the mixture equally inside each apple. Sprinkle with additional cinnamon if desired.
- Place the apples in a large baking dish. Pour the apple cider and brewed Black Cask Bourbon tea in the bottom of the pan, then bake for about 45 minutes. This will depend on the exact size of your apples. If using small/medium apples, start by baking for 30 minutes. It’s easy to keep an eye on them because every 10 minutes or so, you want to give the apples a little cider/bourbon tea bath by spooning the mixture over the top of each apple. Once the skin looks wrinkly and slightly darker in color, remove from the oven.
- Serve immediately with ice cream on top and enjoy your new fall favorite dessert!
Print the recipe here.