Yep, you read that right – you start with eye-pleasing, delicious Butterfly Pea Flower tea, add some island-inspired coconut rum plus coconut cream, and then, if that wasn’t fun enough, you turn it into a bubble tea cocktail! Get out the Bob Marley vinyl and start mixin’!
- 10 cups water
- Boba and oolong tea from Harney Bubble Tea Set
- Coconut rum
- Boil 10 cups of water with 3 teaspoons of Harney oolong tea. Once boiling, add in a cup of boba and allow to boil until all the boba float to the surface.
- Once the boba have floated to the surface, cover the pot for 2 minutes. Then lower the stove heat to simmer and simmer the boba for 2 more minutes.
- Strain the boba and place it into a bowl of cold ice water for 30 seconds. Strain again and place in a dry bowl.
- Submerge the boba in 1 cup of Malibu coconut rum for at least an hour.
- Preheat a teapot by pouring boiling water into it, raising the temperature of the teapot to at least 180°F.
- Discard the water. In your teapot or filter, add loose tea butterfly pea flower and oolong teas for each cup of tea you're brewing.
- Brew in 2 cups of water with a temperature between 180°F- 212°F, but never over the boiling point.
- Let the tea steep for 3-4 minutes.
- Add ice to cool the tea.
Sweet Coconut Cream Ingredients
- 1 can coconut milk (13.5 oz.) well shaken
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
Sweet Coconut Cream Recipe
Mix 1 can of coconut milk with ⅔ cup of sweetened condensed milk. Keep cool.
- Put as little or as much boba as you like in the bottom of the glass (use about 1/4 cup per glass).
- Pour sweet coconut cream about 1/3 of the way up the glass.
- Add crushed ice and fill to the top.
- Pour the Butterfly Pea Flower oolong tea over the ice to fill to the top of the glass.
- Top with a bubble tea straw and lemon slice.
- Extra fun: squeeze juice of a lemon to see color change, and/or add an extra shot of coconut rum.
Print the recipe card here.