Love tea? Love ice cream? What if you could have both in one spoonful?
This scrumptious no-churn Earl Grey Ice Cream with the added yum of shortbread cookie crumbles is just what the dessert doctor ordered! Super teasy to make yourself at home and a wonderful way to celebrate all things summer.
- 16.5 oz. heavy whipping cream
- 14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
- 2 t loose Earl Grey tea
- 2 t pure vanilla extract
- 4-6 shortbread cookies, crumbled
- Combine the heavy cream and tea leaves in a medium-sized saucepan and heat over medium heat, occasionally stirring. Bring to a boil and remove once it starts boiling. Set aside to cool.
- Once cooled, strain to remove the tea leaves, then transfer to a large bowl and place into the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the refrigerator and add the vanilla extract. Whip on high until peaks form.
- Fold in the sweetened condensed milk, then cover and freeze for 2 hours.
- Remove from the freezer and fold in the crumbled shortbread cookies. Cover again and freeze for 6-8 hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve, use a warm ice cream scoop or let the ice cream soften at room temperature for about 10 minutes.
- Scoop and whoopTEAdo, enjoy!