Back in the late 1930s, a rhyming game became popular with children. To play A-Tisket, A-Tasket, children formed a circle. One child outside the circle had a handkerchief. As the children sang, the child outside the circle walked or skipped behind the others, choosing at the appropriate moment to drop the handkerchief behind one of the children in the circle and begin to run. The children who had the handkerchief dropped at their feet then had to grab it and run after the child who dropped it, trying to tag them before the dropper got to the droppee’s spot. The song went like this:
A-tisket, a-tasket, a green and yellow basket
I wrote a letter to my mom and on the way I dropped it
I dropped it, I dropped it, and on the way I dropped it
A little boy, he picked it up and put it in his pocket
First, if you’re ever on Jeopardy, you’re welcome for this trivia.
Second, we were inspired by this classic rhyme to do something special for moms this Mother’s Day. It’ll be here before you know it, and it’s never too early to start thinking about putting together a thoughtful gift for Mom that she’ll love. We’re here to help make sure you don’t drop the ball this Mother’s Day!
A-Tisket, A Tasket, Let’s Make a Mother’s Day Basket!
If your mom loves tea like we do (and we’re pretty sure like you do), we’ve got everything you need to create a wonderful gift… except a basket. We don’t carry those. So whether you decide to actually put everything IN a basket, or in a box or in a pretty gift bag like this Harney bag, we’ve still got you covered.
The Foodie Basket
Because we were raised right by Brigitte and Elyse Harney, we know that we cannot live by tea alone-- you’ve got to have something yummy to go along! That’s why we offer some mouth-watering treats to pair with your favorite tea. Some options include:
- Our vanilla or chocolate chip scone mixes. Make them for Mom or give her the mix as an activity you can do together.
- What is more classic than a PB&J? Try this delicious small-batch Koeze Cream-Nut Peanut Butter with Brins Jam. Wash it down with a tall glass of oat milk for a simple, yet perfect lunch with your mom.
- Cookies! Our Unna Bakery cookies come in Raspberry Jam Drop, Vanilla Dream, Coconut Oat and Cardamom Crisp. Shortbread cookies are another perfect sidekick for tea time. Ready for something different? How about our matcha tea shortbread cookies. Who’s hungry?
- Whip up a fresh batch of biscuits and then treat your palate to our honey flight… BEEcause not all honeys are the same!
- How about a tea cookbook… or The Tea Cookbook! Our founder, John Harney, co-authored this book full of recipes and excellent tea knowledge.
- Of course, the basket wouldn’t be complete without tea! Our Mother’s Day blend is a caffeine-free herbal blend that’s foodie-friendly!
The Artsy Basket
If your mom appreciates some of the finer things in life, or just beautiful things (like her kids!), we suggest:
- Inspired by the Metropolitan Museum of Art’s reopening of the British Galleries, these lovely commemorative tins are perfect for the art lover. Three different designs featuring three special blends: Hot Apple Spice Black Tea, Taste of British History Blend, and Garden Therapy Herbal tea.
- Watch your tea develop its beautiful color with our Small Glass Teapot. Keep it warm on our lovely Glass Teapot Warmer.
- The perfect tea to use in a glass teapot are our Art Teas. Wonderfully unique and visually stunning, when you place the tea bulbs in hot water, they blossom to reveal a flower. We wouldn’t lie about something so cool.
- Punchwork Design Tea Scoop, an elegant addition to your tea time.
The Self-Care Basket
There isn’t a mom in the world who doesn’t appreciate and deserve some quality self-care. Remember to include a note telling her you’re sorry for the time you painted the carpet green so you could have grass in the house, or whatever you did to cause a little stress. Let mom destress with products like these:
- Items from our Wellness collection. Take a look at some of the calming, relaxing and health-enhancing products available, like Organic Ginger Turmeric tea, Chaga Wonder tea with Chaga mushrooms and other adaptogens like Ashwagandha root and Avocado Sunrise tea (really, you’ve got to taste it to believe it!).
- CBD teas, lotions, tinctures and more from The Hemp Division, our sister company that creates all-natural products from the roots up.
- Teas from the Chopra Collection, caffeine-free, organic teas inspired by the world’s leading experts in balanced living.
- While she’s having a nice long soak with THD’s CBD Peppermint Bath Ball, she can enjoy Reinventing the Body, Resurrecting the Soul by Deepak Chopra. Namaste, or in this case, Namamaste!
The Adventurer Basket
Got a mom who’s always up for something new? Tickle her adventurous side with some of our more novel offerings:
- Matcha for the win! If your mom hasn’t tried matcha, this is a great chance to introduce her. To do it right, get our Matcha Set that includes bowl, whisk, and scoop. Then choose your tea from our Matcha collection.
- For a really good time, order our Bubble Tea set. It’s a truly unique experience.
- Show off her punny side with a “Sip Me Baby, One More Time” tee or “Me, Myself & Chai” mug.
The Can’t Decide Basket
Can’t decide? We can help.
- Teabag and Honey sampler for the best of several worlds.
- Go exploring with a Chai or Green Tea gift set.
- Enjoy some of our bestsellers in a pre-packaged gift set: Hot Cinnamon Spice, Paris, Irish Breakfast.
- Linen Tea Chest featuring eight different teas.
Whatever you choose, we hope you are able to enjoy time with your mom, one way or another, this Mother’s Day. Cheers to all the moms, we’re raising our cuppas to you!