Like every American, we are obsessed with the royal family and are counting down the days until the royal wedding on May 19th. To celebrate Prince Harry and Ms. Meghan Markle’s impending nuptials, we asked one of our favorite mixologists, Stacie of Garden Cocktails, to create a cocktail using our special Royal Wedding blend that we could enjoy while watching all of the happenings at Windsor Castle. Yes, we realize it will be 7 am our time, but would it really be a wedding celebration without a cocktail or two? Check out the recipe and see what Stacie had to say about this one-of-a-kind tea cocktail below.
What You’ll Need
- 1 oz tea-infused gin
- .75 oz simple syrup
- .75 oz fresh lemon juice
- Muddled mint
- 1 dash celery bitters (optional!)
- Champagne to top
How to Make The NEW Royal Wedding Cocktail
- Infuse the Royal Wedding tea in gin for 1-2 hours.
- Strain out the solids and mix the tea-infused gin, simple syrup, lemon juice, and bitters in a shaker.
- Add mint and muddle it at the bottom of the shaker.
- Add ice, shake, and strain into champagne glasses.
- Top with champagne and garnish with mint and a lemon peel.
- Drink with some cake. :)
Whether you’re hosting a royal wedding viewing party or are celebrating on your own in your favorite pajamas, this Royal Wedding tea cocktail recipe will make you feel like a queen or king for the day. Want to take your viewing party up a notch? This commemorative set of china made exclusively for Prince Harry and Meghan Markle would be the perfect addition to any royal watcher’s collection.
There are more tea cocktail recipes where that came from. Check out some of our favorites below: