We all love a good cuppa with a slice of pumpkin pie in the fall -- but what if you could incorporate the spicy goodness of chai tea right into the pie itself? Yeah, we thought it was a fantastic idea, too. Bake this Chai Tea Pumpkin Pie for yourself and see what we mean. We can smell your happiness from here!
Chai Tea Pumpkin Pie
- 4 ½ C crushed gingersnap cookies
- 8 T butter, melted
- 15 oz. can pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling), divided
- 12 oz. can evaporated milk
- 2 t loose chai tea leaves
- 1 t cinnamon
- ½ t ginger
- ¼ t cardamom
- ¼ t ground cloves
- ½ t salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ¾ C sugar
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Combine the crushed gingersnap cookies and the melted butter. Press into a 9-inch pie pan and bake at 325°F for 10 minutes. Let cool.
- Increase oven temperature to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine the evaporated milk with 3 oz. of the pumpkin puree. Mix well. Add chai tea, spices, sugar and salt. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the two beaten eggs with the remaining 12 oz. pumpkin puree.
- Pour the pumpkin/egg mixture into the bowl with the evaporated milk mixture. Combine well.
- Pour the filling into the gingerbread cookie crust.
- Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center of the pie comes out clean.
- Top with whipped cream, ice cream, or whatever you prefer (which could be nothing but a cup of tea on the side!). Enjoy!