Is it just us, or did 2021 fly by for you too? On the other hand, like certain cargo ships, at times it did feel like we were stuck in a little bit of 2020 déjà vu. Last year certainly brought its fair share of surprises, including our customers’ favorite products. While the most popular product may or may not have changed – you’ll have to read on to find out – there were definitely some newcomers to the best-seller list. So, without further ado…here are the products you made our top 10 most popular in 2021!
#10. Gingerbread Festival
The “youngest” tea to make the list, Gingerbread Festival debuted in 2020 and immediately won over the hearts and taste buds of our customers! Equal parts sweet and spicy, with an aroma that will knock your little white icing socks off, this tea has quickly become a holiday must-have. We hear of folks stocking up on this tea to drink year-round, which we think is a grand idea. We have an idea that there might be some Pumpkin Spice lovers who do the same thing…
We can’t imagine a year without Victorian London Fog on the best-seller list! Dreamed up by one of our customers during our annual blending contest, it is simply a must-have for thousands. It has been described as a foggy London day in a cup, and clearly a lot of people really dig that flavor. Transport yourself with this beloved tea.
While our tea chests have always been popular, the debut of this classic grey color propelled this sampler chest into the best-seller category. Between the sleek look and the 32 individually wrapped tea bags showcasing eight different teas, we shouldn’t have been surprised.
Proving that samplers were a big hit in 2021, our Teabag & Honey Sampler is also a newcomer to the best-seller list. We should have known when we put together 60 tea bags featuring 15 different teas and then sweetened the deal with 10 honey sticks, all packed in a lovely box with our logo, that people would love it. Which was the point, after all!
This classic tea will just not be denied a spot on the best-seller roster. There’s good reason: for those desiring a classic, straightforward tea – no added flavors, thank you very much – you can’t beat our 100% Keenum English Breakfast tea. Much like a good British butler, it will never let you down.
Clearly 2021 was the year of the sampler! Like, why just order one delicious tea when you can order and try a bunch? We totally get it. Our Fresh Brew Iced Tea line has become incredibly popular, and this sampler is a great way to discover why – includes four of our fan-favorite flavors for summertime anytime.
Our Paris blend has been declared très magnifique by customers for years. Some have even declared it a masterpiece worthy of inclusion in the Louvre. We don’t know about that, but the flavors are so delicious, we think they could make Mona Lisa smile. (For those monitoring their caffeine level, Paris comes in decaf as well!)
How do you improve on a classic? By starting with a higher grade of black tea, adding Silver Tips white tea and topping it off with bergamot – that’s Earl Grey Supreme. If it weren’t for a certain other blend of ours, it’s likely this would be our #1 blend. But until things change, it will always be a beautiful, popular bridesmaid…but never the bride on this list.
Say what?? A decaf not only made the best-seller list, but it came in at #2? That’s right, folks. When you’re a tea this good, customers clamor for it in decaf, too, so they can have a cuppa their sweet ‘n spicy favorite even at night without fear of staying awake. The only thing that keeps them awake is fear of running out.
We hit tea gold when we came up with this blend. Our #1 best-selling tea is a hands-down favorite with customers around the world, and we couldn’t be happier about the joy it brings to them. Hot Cinnamon Spice is truly the embodiment of our motto, “Only drink tea that makes you smile.” This one brings a naturally sweet and just-the-right-amount-of-spicy grin to their lips.
In addition to our top 10 teas, 2021 saw the debut of several new blends. If you haven’t given them a try yet, we invite you to give your taste buds the gift of something new!
- Royal Pomegranate Green Tea. The newest in our Met Collection.
- Emily Winfield Martin Collection. Three teas perfect for baby showers or gifts – Wonderful Things: Boy, Wonderful Things: Girl and Wonderful Things: Mystery – featuring beautiful, whimsical art by New York Times best-selling author and illustrator Emily Winfield Martin.
- Zodiac Collection. While the teas aren’t new (with the exception of Earl Grey Pu-erh), their pairing with their cosmic signs is! Enjoy the fun new Zodiac packaging – they make great birthday gifts, along with our Corkcicle Zodiac Mug.
Last year brought some exciting new items to our sister company, The Hemp Division, as well:
- Lift and Ace. Yes, we’re a tea company, but we recognize there are people out there who also like coffee – so we made two brews with our all-natural hemp to give their cuppa joe a CBD boost. Lift also comes as ground coffee.
- Boom. A delicious black tea with chocolate, coconut and 22mg of CBD hemp extract.
- Sleep. You’ll do just that with this dreamy herbal blend of holy basil, moringa, coconut and 25mg of our homegrown CBD hemp extract.
- Green Tea & Honey CBD Shot. One little jar containing green tea, honey and 30mg of CBD for a quick dose of goodness.
- Turmeric Ginger CBD Shot. All the health benefits of turmeric and ginger, along with 30mg of CBD in one convenient, take-me-anywhere jar.