by Emeric Harney May 31, 2017 1 min read 6 Comments
Tea is deeply personal, so it’s no surprise everyone likes to enjoy it in their own particular way. Watch the video below or read on to learn how to make the perfect cup of black tea!
1. Water quality is almost as important as the tea you use. Bring cold, filtered water to a boil.
2. Choose your tea. Harney & Sons offers a wide variety of black tea—from single estate tea to blends available loose or in sachets.
3. Pour some boiling water into your pot to warm it before steeping your tea. Empty your pot after it is warm to the touch.
4. Put one teaspoon per cup in your filter or one sachet per two cups in your pot or mug.
5. Pour boiling water into your teapot or mug. Let it steep for 4-5 minutes.
6. When your tea is done steeping, remove the infused leaves and enjoy.
November 16, 2019
How lovely and thoughtful. I received a shipment of London fog, Paris black tea and Tates cookies from Southampton, NY…..all of my favorite places as a birthday gift from my daughter. Packaged beautifully too!
January 09, 2019
Black tea really helped me gradually eliminate coffe from my daily routine. I was heavily addicted to coffee which wasn’t horrible at first. As I became older, my tolerance lessened. There is a lot less caffeine in black tea and it is much subtle in the way it is released in your body. With black tea I slowly reduced, then eliminated coffee. Now I just have a two cups of either English or Irish breakfast. I just recently discovered Harvey and Sons and so blown away by the freshness and quality of the teas.
April 14, 2018I’m a long time tea drinker since I was young.
April 14, 2018A friend introduced me to a Black tea that I have to get. At least couple pounds of.I do drink allot of tea and I allways introduce tea to all my friends. Tea seems to bring out the best in all situation.
June 09, 2017
Comments will be approved before showing up.
by Emeric Harney May 25, 2023 5 min read
by Emeric Harney May 18, 2023 6 min read
by Emeric Harney May 12, 2023 6 min read
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more!
April 20, 2020
Since many of the loose teas are awkward shapes to measure out, I wish you had a guideline for the weight of the leaves to the amount of water (like in coffee guides).