As we discussed in our Bud to Cup blog post, jasmine tea is very special. Loved by millions all over the world, jasmine tea is a one-of-a-kind experience. So it’s no surprise that jasmine milk tea is also a special drink that more and more people are beginning to enjoy.
Like the careful process required to create jasmine tea, creating a perfectly balanced jasmine milk tea calls for thoughtful preparation. Because you want to enhance the lovely floral notes of the jasmine and not completely storm the jasmine castle, so to speak, take into consideration the kind of milk and sweetener you select. Anything with a strong flavor can compete with the jasmine rather than complement it, so choose your ingredients with that in mind.
Jasmine Milk Tea Recipe
What you need:
- Cold, filtered water
- Jasmine tea (select your favorite from our Jasmine Collection)
- Milk of your choice (use whole milk for a rich, creamy experience or your preferred milk or milk substitute, keeping in mind that any flavorings like vanilla may distract from the jasmine; experiment until you discover your favorite combo)
- Sweetener of your choice (raw sugar and honey are excellent choices for a natural sweet taste)
- Boil the water in a kettle as directed, generally around 175° F. If the water is too hot, you can burn the tea.
- Steep the tea for 3-5 minutes. Remember, if you prefer a stronger tea, use more leaves, don’t steep for a longer period of time as this can cause the tea to become bitter.
- Remove the tea leaves or sachet. Add your sweetener (we like using a tablespoon of honey) and your milk to taste.
- Enjoy your jasmine milk tea hot or over ice. Either way, we think you’ll enjoy this light, creamy and exquisitely floral tea.
If you’d like to take it to an even more unique level, try making Jasmine Milk Boba Tea! (See our Bubble Tea blog for more about these fun beverages.) Following the directions for making Jasmine Milk Tea above, simply:
- Prepare your tapioca pearls (the “boba”) according to the package directions prior to making your jasmine milk tea.
- Spoon the cooked and cooled pearls into the bottom of a tall glass
- Add the cooled sweetened tea (adding the sweetener while the tea is hot is best to make sure it dissolves), milk and ice
- Grab a wide boba straw and go for it!
We hope you enjoy exploring the world of jasmine tea, whether you enjoy it hot on its own, with milk and sweetener or with boba!