A celebration of all things beautiful and wondrous about winter is what our Winter Wonderland collection reflects. Having classic Mexican Wedding Cookies as part of this group was a snow brainer! Their simplicity and white color are a perfect mirror of a winter wonderland. We added our White Christmas tea, of course, for a little additional cardamom and almond flavor. Make sure you enjoy these mouthwatering cookies with a hot cuppa on a cold winter’s evening.
Winter Wonderland Mexican Wedding Cookies
Makes 3 dozen
- 1 C butter, softened
- ½ C powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 ¼ C sifted flour
- 2 tsp White Christmas loose tea (1 sachet, cut open)
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ C chopped walnuts or ¾ C pecans
- Powdered sugar for rolling baked cookies in
- Cream together butter and powdered sugar until light and fluffy; stir in vanilla.
- Whisk together flour, White Christmas tea and salt; add gradually to butter mixture; stir in chopped nuts.
- Form dough into 1 ¼” balls and place onto parchment-lined or ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 400°F for 10-12 minutes or just until the cookies start to turn light golden-brown; remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
- While cookies are still warm but not hot, remove them from the baking sheets and roll, a few at a time, in powdered sugar until evenly coated. Cool cookies completely on wire racks.
- If desired, cookies may be rolled in powdered sugar a second time once cooled to room temp.
Print the recipe card here.