Will your tea be the winner?
It’s back! Our annual tea blendings contest takes place every summer, and we think it’s right up there with a glass of iced tea as the highlight of the season.
Happy Blendings is our customers’ chance to determine what our next tea blend will be. That’s right, folks-- you suggest the blend, tea fans vote for their favorite. Will your ideas for a winning tea blend be tropical and fruity? Warm and spicy? Smoky? Floral? We can’t wait to see what you come up with-- our customers’ creativiTEA runs STEEP!
So explore your tea pantry, put your thinking tea cozy on and send us your submission. The possibiliTEAS are endless! One creative person will be the creator of the next Harney tea blend which comes not only with bragging rights but awesome prizes as well. Ready to get started?
How to Enter Happy Blendings
Have an idea for a delicious, unique new tea blend? Just submit it to win-- here’s how.
Round 1 (CLOSED)
- Submit your idea by commenting on our Facebook or Instagram post, and you could win a TEArrific prize.*
- Our expert tea testers will select five lucky finalists who will move on to Round 2 where participants will vote for their favorite. The blend with the most votes will become the next big Harney blend!
- Five tea blend winners will receive a Harney prize pack: $100 Harney & Sons gift card, a case of Spark, our sparkling CBD elixir, a set of our new Fresh Brew Iced Teas and this summer's must-have iced tea jug.
- Five random winners will receive a $25 Harney & Sons gift card.
- See which five teas advanced and vote for the blend that sounds most tanTEAlizing here!
- The blend with the most votes will become the next big Harney blend! We know, right?
- The grand prize winner will receive free Harney tea for a year* and a Galanz Retro Mini Fridge (to store your Spark and Harney bottled teas!)
- 5 random winners will receive a $25 Harney & Sons gift card just for voting!
Previous Contest Winners
In case you think this just sounds too good to be true (“Sure, Harney, you’re gonna turn my idea for a tea blend into an actual tea that goes in a tin and everything!”), let us introduce you to our previous years’ winners. These blends were submitted by fans like you and were chosen through a voting poll to become the next new Harney blend. These blends quickly became fan favorites. You, too, can be the mastermind behind a new blend like these!
2017: Victorian London Fog
This tea was the winner of our inaugural tea-blending contest. The beverage called London Fog originated during the Victorian era. Traditionally, it is an Earl Grey served with steamed milk. This wonderful tea is a blend of black and oolong teas along with bergamot oil, lavender and vanilla flavors.
2018: Chocolate Chai Supreme
An instant favorite, our Chocolate Chai Supreme combines the flavors of a classic chai with rich chocolate and vanilla. We begin with a base of blended Chinese and Indian black teas, then add all the necessities for a delicious chai—ginger root, cardamom seeds and pods, cinnamon (ground and in chips), and nutmeg. Finally, we swirl natural chocolate, cardamom, and vanilla flavor through the blend, creating a one-of-a-kind tea experience you won’t soon forget.
2019: Raspberry Mojito
Our 2019 contest winner offers a refreshing, caffeine-free brew full of bright, fruity notes. Flavors of juicy raspberry mingle on the palate with tangy, almost tart hibiscus and sweet apple, plus a squeeze of tart lime and eye-opening fresh mint. The result is a unique blend that’s equally refreshing hot or iced.
2020: Insert Your Tea Name Here!
Tastes like a winner!
Tips for Tea Blending
Here are the rules for blending tea: there are no rules! If it sounds good to you, go for it. If you need more direction than that, read our Happy Blendings blog post for ideas.
What’s Your Tea Blend Name?
Just for fun, we created this chart so you can discover your very own tea blend name. Just follow the directions and soon you’ll reveal your brew-tea-ful name!
Your Chance for Fame and Fortune!
Well, maybe not fortune, but some pretty cool prizes, and think how impressed your friends will be when you tell them you created a Harney tea, enjoyed around the world!
So don’t delay, get brewing! Head to our polling page to vote. Round 2 closes July 24.*No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Open to U.S. residents 18 years or older. For complete details, read our Terms & Conditions.