Time for more pumpkin? Yes, please! We love the spicy, warm-your-soul deliciousness of these classic cookies featuring our Pumpkin Spice tea with some extra warmth added from chai icing. And wait until you smell them, oh my goodness. Bake enough for your neighbors, they’ll come knockin’!
Pumpkin Spice Tea Cookies
- 2 1/4 C flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 C butter
- 1/2 C butter-flavored Crisco
- 3/4 C granulated sugar
- 3/4 C packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 large eggs (room temperature)
- 4 tea bags tea Harney Pumpkin Spice Tea (remove from bags)
- 1 cup vanilla icing
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/8 tsp ground cardamom
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, salt, tea and baking soda.
- With your mixer, cream the butter, Crisco, sugar, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla until creamy.
- Slowly add your flour mixture until everything is well combined. May have to scrape down the sides to get everything mixed.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 12 minutes.
- Let cool completely before icing.
- For the icing: mix the vanilla icing with the cinnamon, ginger, pumpkin spice and cardamom. When cookies are completely cooled, decorate with the icing.