Harney Tea Jamboree: Black Tea Rubbed Turkey Legs
Turkey legs. The most excellent time to let your inner cave-person loose and tear into a succulent, delicious, monstrous hunk of meat (with apologies to our vegetarian friends!). They are inextricably linked to the whole fair experience, and our Harney Tea Jamboree wouldn’t be complete without them. Gobble gobble!
Black Tea Rubbed Turkey Legs
These take some time, but we think you’ll agree they’re worth it.
- 4 whole turkey legs
- Olive oil
- Harney Tea Rub (see below)
- 1 C BBQ sauce
Harney Tea Rub:
- 1 gallon water
- 1 C kosher salt
- ½ C brown sugar
- 2 T garlic powder
- 2 T onion powder
- 2 T peppercorns
- 1 T paprika
- In a large pot, combine all brine ingredients and let boil. Once boiling, cool down to room temperature. Rinse turkey legs and submerge in the cooled-down brine. Add ice if needed. Let the turkey brine from 4-24 hours.
- When the legs are ready, pull out of the brine and discard brine. Rinse and pat turkey legs dry. Lather with olive oil and season with the Harney Tea Rub.
- Heat your grill to 300°F. Add turkey legs and let cook for 3 hours or until internal temperature is 165°F. Take turkey legs off the grill and lather with BBQ sauce. Place back on the grill for 10 minutes to caramelize.
- Take the turkey legs off the grill, let rest for 10 minutes and dig in!
Give your turkey legs that added fair oomph! by serving them in these checkered baskets.
Print the recipe card here.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in News
Don’t just add tea to your cocktails, infuse your spirits with tea flavor for a new twist on tea cocktails. Read More
Enjoy the ultimate refreshment this summer with these DIY tea slushie recipes. Read More
Our July Teafluencer is Angelica Kelly, creator of You Brew Kombucha and author of Kombucha Crafter’s Logbook. Read More