Galentine’s Day is just around the corner. If you’re still searching for Galentine’s Day ideas, may we suggest a Galentine’s Day Tea Party?
First, if you find yourself asking, “What is Galentine’s Day?” here’s a little history. It came from Season 2, Episode 16 of the series Parks and Recreation. The main character, Leslie Knope, gathers her gal pals around her every February 13, the day before Valentine’s Day, to celebrate the awesomeness of women’s friendships. That fictional gathering in 2010 has since spawned an actual celebration marked by
thousands of women and their besties every year.
This year, we propose (no pun intended) that you host a Galentine’s Day Tea Party for you and the women in your life who are special to you. Gather up your favorite tea-time treats, like scones, dainty sandwiches, colorful macaroons, and of course chocolate, and put the kettle and some Queen Bee on – it’s Galentine’s Day time!
To make the tea choices extra fun, we’ve put together some teas under a few categories so you can make it a themed party as well. Happy Galentine’s Day!
Teas for Besties
There’s nothing like a bestie! A pairing so perfect, even if you haven’t seen each other for a long time, you slip right back into conversation and finish each other’s sentences in a heartbeat. These “bestie” teas have flavors that go together, like rama lama lama ka dinga da dinga dong (for all those girls who love Grease!).
- Berry Cobbler. This customer-inspired tea – the winner of our 2022 Happy Blendings contest – perfectly embodies a summer berry cobbler with fruit flavors enhanced with warm cinnamon and vanilla spices.
- Indigo Punch. The flavors of nature play so beautifully together here in this butterfly pea flower tea.
- Celebration Tea. Fruity and nutty? One of our favorite combos in both tea and friends!
- Peaches & Ginger. It wasn’t blended for those gal pals Mary Ann & Ginger on the classic TV show Gilligan’s Island, but it could have been. It’s both sweet and saucy, just like those girls.
- Cherry Blossom. A tea that reminds us of a wonderful friendship – like a breath of fresh springtime air.
- Garden Party. Another contest-winning customer blend, this marriage of vegetal, floral, and fruit flavors is a flavor party.
- Strawberry Kiwi. So kicky, fun, and colorful, this blend makes a perfect Galentine’s Day choice.
Blends Inspired by Women
Why not invite some girl teas to your Galentine’s Day Tea Party?
- Minnie Mouse. Maybe one of the first fashionistas, Minnie Mouse’s rose flavors make her a natural at the table.
- Snow White. We’re pretty sure Snow White would love to hang out with a bunch of women all day for a change, so invite her along!
- Moana. Because don’t we all dream of a little tropical adventure from time to time?
- Alice. When you don’t give a fig what others think, this is the perfect tea for you.
- Elyse’s Blend. A lovely blend created in honor of my grandmother and aunt, both named Elyse Harney.
- Brigitte’s Blend. Created for my mother, Brigitte Harney, we always say this elegant blend is like my mom, perfect in many situations.
- Little Women. This green tea with apple pieces and flavor is inspired by Orchard House, a place Louisa May Alcott’s father loved and which she used as the setting for her novel.
- Jane’s Garden. Created in memory of our friend and gardener, Jane, proceeds from this tea are shared by the Jane Lloyd Fund and the National Breast Cancer Foundation.
- Mother’s Day. A celebration of all mothers and you’re-like-a-mother-to-me everywhere.
Just because it’s Galentine’s Day and not Valentine’s Day doesn’t mean you can’t flower it up!
- Valentine’s Day. Take a piece of paper and put a “G” over the “V” on the tin if you want to, but this tea with chocolate and roses is a hit with the ladies!
- Sally’s Secret. What are girlfriends for if not for keeping secrets? Another lovely blend featuring roses and created in memory of our co-worker Sally.
- Rose Scented. Enjoy roses longer than a few days with this fragrant black tea that you can brew to make every day a rose-filled day.
- Yellow & Blue. Chamomile, lavender, and cornflowers. Simply delicious.
- Chinese Flower. Literally a bouquet of flavors with three different types of flowers: rosebuds, cornflowers, and marigolds.
- Butterfly Pea Flower. The name of this tea speaks for itself, as butterfly pea flower is the lone ingredient in this unique purple herbal tisane.
- Jasmine Tea. A true classic.
- French Super Blue Lavender. Transport yourself to the French Riviera with this special tea.
It’s Galentine’s Day. ‘nuf said.
- Chocolate Mint. Like one of those delicious Andes mints, except you don’t have to be bothered to unwrap it or even chew.
- Chocolate Chai Supreme. Brew this up with some hot milk product of your choice for a creamy, chocolaty, spicy treat.
- Chocolate Tea. For the chocolate diehards, this tea will never disappoint. Comes in decaf, too, when the Galentine’s Day Tea Party turns into a Galentine’s All-Night Tea Party.
- SoHo Blend. I proudly created this chocolate and coconut blend in honor of our SoHo store, which is where you and your gal pals should go on your next girls’ trip to NYC!
- Boom. Boom is our SoHo blend with 22 MG of CBD, homegrown by our sister company, The Hemp Division, right in beautiful upstate New York.
Teas for Places You Wish You Were Spending Galentine’s Day
No matter your budget, you can take yourself and your posse to one of these great locations when you brew up these location-inspired blends.
- Paris. Ooh la la, Paris is one of our top best sellers for good reason! It’s like an Earl Grey Supreme got all gussied up for Fashion Week with added black currant and caramel accessories.
- London. Victorian London Fog, another customer blend, gives you all those wonderfully Dickensian London vibes.
- New York. If you can make it here, you can make it anywhere! And with our New York blend, you can make it wherever you are when you brew up this calming infusion of chamomile, ginger root, and peppermint tea.
- Boston. With its cranberry and almond flavors inspired by the famous bogs south of the city, this is definitely a tea you do not want to throw into the harbor!
- Tokyo. If you can get to Tokyo, by all means, go, but if you can’t, sipping this green sencha tea with caramel flavor is the next best thing.
- Bangkok. Our Organic Bangkok tea brings the flavors of Thailand straight to your cup with organic green tea, lemongrass, coconut, ginger, and vanilla.
- Florence. È così bello! Every woman wants to go to Florence. A great way to start is with this chocolate hazelnut tea…and updating your passport!
- Provence. While you’re in Italy, of course, you’ll swing by France! Created by our French intern, you know this tea is legit Provence.
For those former Valentines who did you wrong.
- Murder on the Orient Express. They say, “revenge is a dish best served cold,” but we say revenge is a drink best served hot with a hint of mystery.
- Death on the Nile. This whodunnit brew provides the taste of satisfaction with a hint of payback.
- Hot Cinnamon Spice. If only they could see how hot you are tonight!
- Wedding Tea. Make a toast to that “I do” bullet you dodged (plus, you never liked his/her/their mom anyway).
- Tower of London. When you can’t lock ‘em up and throw away the key, you can dream it while sipping on this Elizabethan-inspired tea.
- Black Cask Bourbon. Cheers to Galentine’s Day!